Creamy, dairy free Whole30 Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is the perfect way to have a clean soup and satisfy the soul at the same time.
So comforting, because who here doesn't love lasagna? If you don't love lasagna I am not sure why you clicked on a lasagna soup post.....but maybe I can still change your mind?
This soup is also low carb and paleo friendly!
We have all the aspects of a lasagna combined into a healthy soup made with clean ingredients to replace the ingredients that are not compliant when you don't eat gluten or dairy.
Whole30 soups are a great thing to have on hand. You have a ton of food that will reheat well and make several meals. Finding one that is family friendly is a bonus.
Make it family friendly
I love when a clean recipe can be made into a meal my kids will eat by making it plain af.
I consider this meal to be more kid friendly than traditional lasagna. It is easy to separate out what your kids WILL eat from the soup.
Just take out what your kids will eat or leave off what they won't. You could even make a side of gluten free noodles and put their soup over the noodles if they aren't into zucchini!
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Cashew Ricotta (recipe below) will replace the dairy ricotta in traditional lasagna. It is super easy to make so don't be stressed.
- Zoodles- I like frozen but feel free to use fresh and adapt the cooking time
- Marinara Sauce - When you are Whole30 you must read labels for marinara sauce. Find a sugar free sauce like this one.
- Ground beef- feel free to use your favorite ground beef. Turkey, sausage or a mix of all will work perfect.
- Soak- to have ultra smooth cashew ricotta be sure to soak them first in super hot water. You can even soak overnight.
- Quick release- a quick release is opening the pressure valve after the food is cooking immediately. You don't let it sit longer on warm or in the pot with the lid still pressurized or it will continue to cook.
- If using fresh zucchini- you may need to pre boil a minute or throw in the microwave to adjust the cooking time that frozen naturally does within the soup.
Looking for more instant pot soups in this series?! Find them here: