6 layers of gluten free vegan ingredients that turn the ordinary magic bar into extraordinary. These Better than Magic Bars taste just like a Snickers.
- 4 ounces of vegan butter (salted or unsalted works)
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate cookie crumbs (see notes)
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts (see notes)
- 1 can (10 ounces) of sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly in the following order on top of the butter- chocolate cookie crumbs, coconut, chocolate chips, peanuts.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature and then place in the fridge to cool the remainder of the way.
- These bars can be cut after they have cooled and hardened. Keep these in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Enjoy.
- I used Simple Mills Double Chocolate Cookies. This is a 5.5 ounce box of cookies. Place the cookies in a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until you have fine cookie crumbs with no chunks. The Simple Mills makes a little over 1 cup of crumbs store any leftover.
- The dry roasted peanuts should be the kind that only have peanuts and salt as ingredients
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan magic bars, gluten free magic bars, magic bars, homemade snickers