Bursting with flavor, these oven baked keto meatballs are stuffed with the gooey cheese and crispy bacon. Fresh rosemary and almond flour make these turkey meatballs one of a kind.
- 1 pound of ground turkey or chicken
- ½ cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup of finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup of chopped cooked bacon (about 4 cooked slices)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. If desired, add 1 tablespoon of oil or bacon grease to the parchment paper. This just adds a little more flavor and crispiness but is not a necessary step.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients: turkey, gorgonzola, egg, almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary and bacon. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until combined evenly.
- Use a medium cookies scoop or a very rounded tablespoon to make the meatballs. Lightly roll into balls and place about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. You do not want them to be touching. Bake the meatballs until crispy and cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. This takes about 15 minutes for meatballs that are about 1½ inches in diameter.
- Serve warm and store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey almond flour meatballs, turkey gorgonzola meatbalss