Hey there friend! I’m Loren and may I just say I am super stoked to have you here.
And here is where I share my many passions with you. I share foods I love to make, and that means mostly healthy comfort foods. But I also share my love for yoga ( I am a yoga teacher) my obsession with obtainable health (I'm also a RN) and my strong love for mindset and growing as a person.
It is a strange mix I know. But I am here to be myself, unapologetically. And I hope to inspire you to be and do the same. Let's learn to live, love, eat and be inspired thru mind body and spirit together!
Why this food blog?
I created this space to share recipes because diets suck.
Like seriously. They freaking blow.
It's like a recipe to making yourself miserable, and being miserable isn't why you are here on earth. We are here to have joy and eat amazing foods and FEEL really freaking good.
In 2013, I completed my first paleo diet challenge and I learned a few things. The most important thing I learned was how much my standard American "healthy" diet was making me feel like sh*t.
I had less joint pain, chest pain, stomach pain, more energy and the list goes on. I learned to love how good it feels, to feel good.
The second thing I learned was that diets like Paleo, low FODMAP, Whole30 even gluten free can still taste really good AND not be miserable if you learn how to make the foods you are used to eating. Or most importantly the foods you crave.
You can make cookies that taste amazing that also leave you feeling amazing.
And that is the exact reason I am here with you today. Sharing my love for recipes that make eliminations diets not suck. I want you to feel good AND eat good food. Period.
For the bloggers out there
I have created a space just for you. Head over to Mind Over Blog to find a blog dedicated to mindset, manifestation, mindfulness and everything you need to create success from the inside out.
Super Quick and Random Facts, if you're interested.
- I am a Registered Nurse* and have been for 15 years. I have mostly worked in gastroenterology and health coaching. But have become a SAHM after the birth of my third kid.
- I have a yoga certification in Ashtanga yoga, but personally love and practice a more calm approach these days. Its all about movement that feels good.
- I love hiking, eating ice cream by the pint with a fork, Rage Against the Machine, and may quote The Office on this blog way more than you care for.
- I believe health and fitness can be obtained in 10-15 minutes a day and I am proof it works.
- I believe your internal reality creates your external reality and we are here to manifest abundance in all areas of our lives, and I can help you do the same!!
*Although I am a RN no information on this blog is to be deemed as medical advice. Always consult your health practitioner first and foremost.