This stove top creamy mashed banana oatmeal is a staple breakfast that is deliciously creamy, sweetened with honey and totally adaptable with toppings like walnuts and cinnamon.
- ½ cup of rolled oats (gluten free or regular)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (less for less sweet)
- 1 medium banana- ripe to very ripe (see notes)
- pinch of salt
- Toppings (optional)- favorite cream or milk, walnuts, cinnamon
Mash banana in a small bowl with a fork.
In a medium saucepan, add water, oats and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer or 2-3 minutes until oats are creamy and softened.
Add mashed banana and honey to oats and stir until well combined.
Place into bowl and serve topped with your toppings of choice. I top with 1 tablespoon of cashew milk, 1 tablespoon of crushed walnut pieces and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- A ripe banana is deep yellow and may have some brown speckles, the more ripe the banana the brown it has. The more ripe the more sweet it is. Do not use unripe banana for this recipe.
- This recipe makes 1 very large serving or 2 small servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy banana oats, mashed banana oatmeal, simple banana cream oatmeal