A Denver omelet turned inside out into a savory breakfast bowl. Crispy tater tots accompany creamy scrambled eggs, fresh green pepper and onion and of course lots of ham and Swiss cheese.
- 16 ounces of frozen tater tots (half a bag)
- 3 large slices of deli ham, chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 4 ounces of shredded Swiss cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your even to the temperature per your bag of frozen tater tots. Cook half of the bag (16 ounces) according to the package directions.
- 10 minutes before your tater tots are finished cooking start the rest of the recipe begin to cook the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium skillet heat half of the oil or butter on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add your diced green peppers, onions and ham. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the peppers and onions are softened but still crisp. Remove the onions, peppers, and ham and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil and heat on medium heat. Add your whisked eggs to the pan and cook the eggs until scrambled how you like.
- Once the tater tots are finished cooking begin to assemble your Denver tot bowls. Add 1/3 of the tater tots, 1/3 of the pepper ham mixture and 1/3 of the scrambled eggs to each bowl. Salt and pepper to taste and top with Swiss cheese and enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking and stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free breakfast bowl, savory breakfast bowl, egg breakfast bowl, denver tot breakfast bowl, denver omelet