Deep and richly flavored Peanut Butter and Maple Coffee is the best way to wake up and face the day. Healthy and only 3 ingredients.
This coffee is really freaking good.
Which were my exact words when I taste tested it except drop freaking for the real F word and we are in business.
It's a warm cup of coziness that is rich, deep, but extremely creamy, exactly how I like my coffee. But the craziness is, this coffee doesn't have a single drop of creamer, dairy or non dairy.
It is simply made creamy with peanut butter.
Delicious sweet/salty peanut butter, mixed with pure maple syrup. And let me tell you, if you have never had peanut butter and maple syrup mixed together before you have been missing out on life.
And apparently we have all been missing out on life because we haven't been having peanut butter and maple syrup in our coffee.
This coffee is
- super creamy
- lightly sweetened
- dairy free
- no refined sugars
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Peanut Butter- I used a natural peanut butter that only has roasted peanuts and salt in the ingredients. You can sub in almond butter for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup- Like I mentioned maple and peanut butter really jam together but if you don't have maple you could try honey. I don't love honey in my coffee, so it wouldn't be my first choice.
- Coffee- I highly recommend a strong dark roast for the best flavor, but if you can't do dark roast, just sub in your favorite coffee.
- Heat the PB and Syrup- When heating the peanut butter and syrup you can use the microwave or stovetop, your choice. I wouldn't skip heating the peanut butter because it helps it blends really nicely.
- Double it- This recipe will double or triple well if serving more than one person, just be sure you are serving right away as it can settle some.
You can but make it warm first and then pour over ice. Some separation may occur due to that fats cooling down.
This drink is healthy for a couple of reasons. You will get a nice boost of fat and protein thanks to the peanut butter.
There are no refined sugars making it less likely to spike your blood sugar as high as traditional sugar.
Maple syrup also has antioxidants.
More warm drink recipes
If you are looking for more warm drink recipes check out these favorites:Print