Bright jalapenos bring a slight heat to this sweet strawberry cream cheese dip. Full of fresh sweet and savory flavors. This appetizer is perfect for the Fourth of July or Memorial Day.
If you are on the hunt for a festive patriotic 4th of July appetizer that tastes as awesome as it looks, then you are going to love this Patriotic Strawberry Jalapeno Dip!
It is the perfect combination of bright summer flavors mixed in with that classic creamy savory cream cheese flavor. Lime and green onion bring on flavor profiles that make the taste buds sing!
This strawberry jalapeno cream cheese dip is my Cranberry Jalapeno Dip revamped for the summer! This dip was a huge reader favorite during the winter months so obviously we need to make one for summer.
If you love strawberry cream cheese and jalapeno you will freaking sooooo dig this appetizer.
It is easy to make and tastes great with anything you decide to serve with it.
I love this dip with gluten free pretzels and gluten free almond crackers but you can serve it with anything and it will taste amazing.
And if you are scared of the design, don't be. I am not a creative kind of food designer person. This however, is basic. It is NOT one of those appetizers that look super easy in the picture and super hard to actually make look like the picture.
Friends, its as easy as making lines with chopped up strawberries. I promise this won't be a Pinterest fail!
Because who has time to read all about cream cheese dips when it's time to get to a grill out, let's dive right in on how to make this.
Step by step
- Let's do some chopping. Remove stems from strawberries and quarter. Place the quartered strawberries in a food processor. Next, remove the stem and seeds from your jalapeno and toss in the processor with your strawberries.
- Pulse your strawberries and jalapeno until they are small diced even pieces. Using the pulse button will give you better control so you don't turn your berries into puree.
- Place your diced strawberries and jalapenos in a medium non reactive saucepan. Add the lime juice and sugar.
- Cook on low/medium heat until the strawberries have released most of their juice and everything has softened just a touch. This took about 3-4 minutes for my stove top. Don't over cook.
- Let the mix cool to room temperature after cooking.
- Combine with room temperature cream cheese, and green onions. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix on high until well combined.
- Place the cream cheese in your serving container and get to decorating like the American flag if desired.
I used a 10"x6" baking dish for this design. Place your desired amount of blueberries in the top left hand corner of your dish on top of the cream cheese dip.
If you love small little details, you could make sure the blueberries are all facing up with the part that looks like a star.
Then use really small diced strawberries to make the "stripes of your flag". To keep the lines even I used a piece of left over green onion top to make a "spacer" in between each line.
Storage and make ahead directions
I actually encourage you to make this dip the day before. The longer it sits together in the fridge the better it tastes. If you decide to make it before you need it just wait and "decorate" it the day you need the dip.
Store this in the fridge in a sealed container up to 4 days.
How to serve Patriotic Strawberry Jalapeno Dip
Serve with all of your dipping favorites! I loved this with gluten free almond crackers and pretzels. But it would really taste amazing with anything you have on hand.
Just in case you were wondering, blueberries go with jalapeno too! So you can leave those on when serving, or scoop them right off when everyone is digging into the appetizer.
Do you love this? Let me know!Print