Super crunchy, baked in the oven and so easy to make! These paleo chicken tenders only need 3 ingredients to make!
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast of tenders
- 1 large egg (and 1 tsp of water if needed), whisked until frothy
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bag of Siete Grain Free Nacho Tortilla Chips, crushed
Vegan Avocado Lime Crema Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro ( I used freeze dried)
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped (I used it all except trimmed the bottom and top some)
- 2 garlic cloves
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
Paleo Nacho Tortilla Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Pre heat your oven to 400°F. Pepare a baking sheet by placing a baking rack over it. If you do not have a baking rack I would recommend parchment paper
- Crush your chips. I crushed by hand and then gave them a few zips in the blender. I made the pieces about the size of half of a pencil eraser. Place in a medium shallow dish.
- Place your egg in a shallow dish. Shallow is key!! I used a dish that was 3 inches tall and 6 inches long. Whisk until frothy. I did add about 1 tsp of water to my egg because it was pretty thick. This made it easier to whisk frothy and easier to not coat the crap out of chicken.
- If you are using chicken breast then you need to cut your chicken breast into tender size pieces. Keep in mind whatever size you cut the tenders will determine how long they will have to cook. Mine were not cut even but I tried to keep them so they were less than 1/2 inch thick.
- One piece at a time, dip your chicken into the egg mixture and coat. Be sure to let any extra drip off, then place into the chips and coat.
- Place on the baking rack evenly and not touching.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your chicken reaches an internal temp of 160°F. If you are using a baking rack you will not need to flip the tenders. If you are using parchment paper, know the underside is not going to be as crispy as the top.
Vegan Avocado Lima Crema Dip
Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and thick. Stick this in the fridge. I think it tasted best after sitting in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
(To soak your cashews you can do this in cold water at least 4 hours ahead of making the dip or place in very hot to boiling water for at least 20 minutes prior to making)
- I soak my cashews even though I use a Vitamix
- If you use fresh cilantro just use a small handful and throw into a blender
- If you do not have a baking rack your chicken tenders will not get as crispy on the bottom. They will still taste fantastic.
- If you feel up to it and want these to look super golden, brush the chicken tenders with a small amount of melted ghee 5 minutes before finished baking.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Paleo
Keywords: paleo chicken tenders, nacho paleo chicken tenders, tortilla crusted paleo chicken tenders