This paleo Italian pasta salad is a zippy crunchy pepperoni summer staple, that you can rejoice being able to eat again. Serve cold and perfect for potlucks.
- 8 ounces of uncooked cassava fusilli noodles
- ½ cup of black olives, sliced
- ½ cup of grape tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- ½ cup of banana pepper rings, no juice, chopped
- 2 ounces of turkey pepperoni, chopped
- ¾ cup of light tasting olive oil (see notes)
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- In a large jar or medium bowl, add all ingredients for dressing and whisk until combined. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package. Do not overcook. Drain noodles and rinse under cool water until the noodles have cooled down. Drain completely and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients for the pasta salad- cooked noodles, olives, tomatoes, onion, banana pepper, pepperoni. Whisk the dressing one last time and then pour prepared dressing over the salad and use two large spoons to gently toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour for best flavor. Enjoy cold.
- Be sure to use light tasting olive oil, do not sub in extra virgin olive oil. The flavor is too strong.
- You can make this ahead of time as written and then leave covered in the fridge up to 24 hours. Be sure to let it sit out about 10 minutes if it was in the fridge for a long time so the olive oil is nice and smooth. Toss again before serving to recoat and dressing that went to the bottom.
- Chilling isn't necessary, you could serve right away, but it tastes better the longer it sits.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo pasta salad, italian paleo pasta salad, cold italian pasta salad