Chocolate and mint come together in a easy to make date energy ball. Helping you satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way, these mint chocolate chip energy balls only have 4 ingredients!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 14 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbs very hot water
- Prepare your ingredients. Cashews should be raw and unsalted. The dates should be pitted and soft. If your dates are hard, soften by placing in hot water for a few minutes, drain and dry after they soak.
- Measure and dump all of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor or high powered blender like a Vita-mix. Chop and process until a smooth, even in texture and size, mixture forms. This may take up to 60 seconds or more depending on the power of your processor. The pieces should be very small, slightly bigger than the tip of pencil lead.
- After you have processed until the correct consistency, add your chocolate chips. Process/blend again until incorporated. Just coarsely chop the chocolate chips in the food processor, no need to pulverize like the rest of your mixture.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the ball and roll in between your hands to make into a round ball. Place on a cookie tray or large plate and then cool in fridge until they are firm.
- Once they are firm you can store them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American