Get help drifting off into a peaceful sleep with lavender moon milk. This drink is made to help combat stress, anxiety and calm the mind before sleep.
- 1 ½ cups of milk (dairy or unsweetened non-dairy)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of dried lavender (culinary grade)
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and whisk to combine. Heat the moon milk over low/medium heat to bring to a very gentle simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes being sure to stir frequently so the milk does not scorch to the bottom of the pan.
- Strain thru a fine mesh sieve to remove the lavender and then place the heated moon milk in a blender on high for a few seconds to make frothy. If you have a frother you could also use that.
- If you happen to have ashwaganda, you could add ¼ teaspoon to this to increase the adaptogenic effect.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lavender moon milk, lavender milk, moon milk