Instant Pot Creamy Mexican Pasta! Ground beef with Mexican flavors and gluten free pasta, even the pickiest eaters will eat this instant pot dinner. Ready in under 30 minutes and only one dish to clean!
I should start this post by immediately saying I have had to make this dinner 3 times to try and get a picture of it. Not that I’m mad about it, this Mexican creamy pasta is delicious. But what is significant about making it three times is that each time my two picky eaters ate it, without complaining. Every. Single. Time.
That’s a win in my book of dinners. I don’t care if they don't even like the dinner, just STOP COMPLAINING already. Do you feel me on that one at all?? Please tell me I am not alone with the mini food critics at my dinner table that only have a palate suitable for buttered noodles.
Anyway, let's get to the details of this recipe you should make tonight for dinner. It comes together so fast and uses ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Here’s what I love about this Creamy Mexican Pasta instant pot dish
- It all goes in one pot - even the uncooked noodles
- You can adjust the seasonings depending on how picky your children are
- It makes a ton of food
- It makes a delicious leftover meal
- It is start to finish done in less than 30 minutes
- My kids ate it without complaining. Sorry to mention twice, but just in case your skim reading this post I need you to know how epic that is.
To Make this delicious Instant Pot recipe you will need:
- Ground beef: I used organic grass fed 85% lean
- Bell pepper: use whatever color you have on hand, or more importantly, what your kids will eat
- Canned diced tomatoes: I used petite diced so my kids didn’t see chunks of tomatoes, if your kids are real freaks about chunks of veggies throw it in the blender!
- Onion: White onion- again chopped super fine so my kids couldn’t pick them out
- Spice Mix: a simple mix of chili powder, salt, cumin and garlic powder
- Gluten free penne pasta: I like Barilla or Ronzoni - both are non GMO which is important since they are made with corn
- Broth- Chicken or beef works
- Shredded Cheese- Optional but this is what makes it extra creamy
- Also you are obviously going to need an Instant Pot. I'm just saying look how cute these colors are (Instant Pot). I kinda want to break mine so I can get a new one.
A few tips
This recipe has been tested and happily eaten by our family 5 times now. Each time I make it I forget how delicious and simple it is. It is perfect for the family with a picky palate that likes taco flavored meals.
How to make Instant Pot Mexican Creamy Pasta
To make this….
- Set your instant pot to saute. Once the instant pot reads “Hot” it is ready for you to add your ground beef.
- Brown your ground beef until it is halfway done cooking- about 5 minutes, then add your pepper and onions to the beef. Saute until the meat is finished cooking and you no longer see pink, about another 3 minutes. Drain if needed.
- Turn the instant pot saute off and add your tomatoes and spices into the beef mixture. Give it a good stir and then pour your penne pasta on top of the ground beef mixture. Do not stir after you have added your pasta.
- Add 3.5 cups of broth. This should just cover your noodles. Be sure you add enough liquid that the noodles are almost entirely under the broth so you don’t end up with crunchy uncooked ends.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set it on manual for 10 minutes. After it has finished cooking manually release the pressure immediately.
- Add cheese and stir until all is combined well. Serve warm.
Enjoy your complaint free dinner time with family. Be sure to let me know how dinner goes in the comments below!