Perfectly sticky cilantro lime rice made quickly in the Instant Pot. Tastes just like your favorite burrito restaurant!
- 3 cups dry basmati rice
- 4.5 cups of water
- juice from 2 small limes
- juice from 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup packed cilantro tops and tender stem, chopped fine
- pinch of salt
- Place your basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve and briefly rinse under cool water
- Place rice in the bottom of your Instant Pot and pour the water over top.
- Close the lid and press your "manual" button and set time for 3 minutes.
- When 3 minutes is up turn off the pressure cooker and let the pressure cooker release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes release the pressure valve and let out any remaining steam.
- Gently fluff your rice with a fork.
- Add the lemon and lime juice, the avocado oil, and the finely chopped cilantro and pinch of salt to the cooked, fluffed rice.
- Gently combine the ingredients using a large spoon. Try not to "mush" the rice when you stick the spoon in to stir. I like to make sure the spoon goes into the rice from the side of the pot and starts from the bottom of the pot and stir by bringing the spoon up towards the top. Using a harsh circular stirring motion with a spoon could mush your nicely fluffed rice.
- Serve warm with your favorite meals!
- To store place in a sealed glass container and place in fridge for 3-5 days.
- a natural release means you do not open the pressure valve to quickly let out all of pressure.
- do not use lemon and lime juice from the plastic fake limes and lemons. Use fresh fruit you squeeze yourself.
- newer model Instant Pots do not have a manual button it has been replaced with a pressure cook button.
- I personally do not rinse my rice. I am too lazy for that. But it is recommended.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 3
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 239
Keywords: instant pot basmati rice, instant pot cilantro lime rice, cilantro lime rice