Nourishing instant pot chicken bone broth made in under two hours. This delicious golden healthy bone broth is made from a whole chicken and is great to have stocked in your freezer.
- leftover whole chicken carcass
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large celery stick, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Add all of your ingredients to the instant pot in the order listed. You will add enough water to the instant pot until it reaches the max fill line on the pot.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and ensure your pressure valve is closed.
- Turn the instant pot on by using the "soup" setting and set the time for 120 minutes (2 hours).
- Once the instant pot has finished cooking use a natural release. This means you can turn off the instant pot and wait for the steam to release on it's own. You will not open the steam valve. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot will open you will need to strain your broth. First remove the large pieces out. Then strain thru a fine mesh sieve. I like to do this twice.
- Use immediately or Store your bone broth in the fridge up to 3 days, in the freezer up to 2 months. I put my broth in old jars and leave room at the top so they can expand when freezing.
- A 6 quart instant pot was used in making this recipe
- Rough chopping means that your pieces are large and do not need to be even
- Organic chicken is preferred when making bone broth.
- Filtered water or spring water is best for making bone broth
- Apple cider vinegar is optional. It helps extract more nutrients from the bones but you may not want to add it. You will still get a ton of benefits from the broth without adding it.
- I typically do not season my bone broth with salt. I like to do it as I use it. However if I do add salt, I add it after I have strained it before pouring into individual jars.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Category: How to
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Basic Cooking
Keywords: instant pot chicken bone broth, instant pot bone broth, chicken bone broth, how to make bone broth