This instant pot chicken and rice soup is so comforting and easy enough to make on a busy weeknight. Salty chicken broth, fresh parsley, bright lemon juice with carrots, celery onion and of course chicken and rice.
I'd like to introduce to you, your new favorite instant pot soup recipe.
Soup, meet friends, friends meet Instant pot chicken and rice soup that is so classically perfect you will make it as often as we do. Like once a week often.
This recipe is:
- Fresh! Like burst of salty chicken broth with lemon fresh
- Easy! Like ready in under 30 minutes easy
- Filling! Like I try and eat to huge bowls but way stuffed filling.
I typically always have these ingredients on hand so if the concept of making dinner makes you want poke your own eyes out, this is when I like to pull out this recipe. Even if you don't have rotisserie chicken I share how I make chicken for this with zero effort!
Also if I were you, I would most definitely not skip out on making this really amazing and stupid easy Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread to go with the soup.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this soup you only need 9 ingredients
- Boneless, skinless cooked chicken- cubed or shredded. Use a rotisserie to make this extra easy
- Jasmine rice- this is my favorite rice but any white rice that isn't "instant" will work!
- Chicken broth- feel free to also sub bone broth if you have it. That would make it extra healing.
- Celery, carrots, onions- your traditional veggie mix in any chicken soup
- Fresh parsley- beautiful and bright
- Lemon Juice- just enough lemon juice to brighten and lift the soup but not make it taste like lemon. In a pinch I have used orange and mandarin juice in the same amount and it is equally amazing, maybe even better.
- Avocado Oil- to saute your veggie mix in (or sub whatever oil you have on hand).
How to make
- First set your instant pot to saute. Next, while your instant pot is heating up, finely chop your veggie mix- onions, carrots, and celery.
- Once your instant pot says ‘hot’ add your oil and then add your veggies. Sauté for 3 minutes, until just fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Turn the instant pot off and begin to add the rest of your ingredients except for the parsley and lemon. Give it a stir and place the lid on your instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to manual for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, quick release your instant pot by opening the valve all the way. Stir the ingredients and add your lemon juice and parsley.
- And now your finished cooking. Pretty quick right? Serve this soup along side some gluten free bread or a side salad and your meal is ready to go.
If you would love to find out how to make your own Instant Pot Bone Broth for this soup. Check out the post linked.