These fudgy gluten free rocky road brownies are salty, sweet brownie recipe for when you are craving a chewy, crunchy salty sweet dessert.
- ¾ cup of 1-1 gluten free flour ( I used King Arthur)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, gently melt the chocolate chips (1/2 cup) with the butter on low/medium heat. Stir while it is melting. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together your flour, salt, sugar, cocoa until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour all wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are firm, it will be normal for the center to seem a little underdone. You want this if your goal is fudgy.
- Remove the brownies and sprinkle evenly with the marshmallows, remaining chocolate chips, and chopped peanuts. Place back in the oven for an additional 3 minutes. Marshmallows will start to turn golden and melt but still hold shape when finished.
- Remove from oven and let cool in baking pan on cooling rack until cooled completely. Brownies will continue to bake and will be crumbly until you let cool.
- be sure to find the dry roasted peanuts that don't have any flavorings on them, just peanuts and salt as the ingredients.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free brownies, rocky road brownies