Luxuriously rich in flavor, these white chocolate glazed gluten free pumpkin muffins will start your fall season off on the right foot.
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour (no xanthan gum)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 6 ounces of evaporated coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (4 ounces) brown butter (instructions below)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of milk of choice or heavy cream
- Pre heat your oven to 350°F and prepare your muffin tin with parchment muffin liners or lightly grease.
- Brown your butter by placing it in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Once the butter has melted reduce the heat to a low medium heat and let simmer until it is a toasty brown. Stir occasionally. The butter will brown in stages. It will go from yellow to frothy, to a golden color eventually to a toasty brown. It will smell nutty when it is a toasty brown color and ready. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- While butter is cooling some, in a large bowl add your dry ingredients - flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add your wet ingredients- pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, slightly cooled butter and whisk until well combine.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and stir with a large mixing spoon until well incorporated. If you are able to, let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes before adding to muffin tins. I think this lends to a better texture.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin tins- approximately a full 1/4 cup of batter into 10 tins.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-27 minutes. Until the muffins are firm to touch, golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes and then remove to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the muffins have cooled to room temperature begin your white chocolate glaze.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water or double broiler. The bowl should not be touching the water. Add white chocolate chips and stir until melted and very smooth. Take your time and go slow. When the white chocolate is about 80% melted add your milk and continue to whisk until smooth and shiny and drips from a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and dip or spoon the white glaze over the cooled muffins.
- Store at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 3-5 days. Store in an air tight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 27
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin muffins, gluten free white chocolate pumpkin muffins, white chocolate pumpkin muffins, white chocolate glazed pumpkin muffins, gluten free muffins