The perfect weeknight dinner when you are in a hurry. Fresh flavors and perfectly crispy right out of the oven.
- 18 ounces of canned de-boned salmon, drained.
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, whisked
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup compliant mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of preferred oil for brushing pan (I used ghee)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush 2 tablespoons of oil onto the sheet, evenly.
- In a large bowl, add the drained canned salmon. Use a fork to break apart into very small, flaky pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the salmon- minced garlic, egg, almond flour, salt, lime juice, mayo, basil. Stir with a large spoon to mix everything until well incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to make the salmon cakes. Simply fill the 1/4 cup full and then place on the prepared sheet. Flatten slightly with your hands to make a patty/cake shape. Leave 1 inch between each patty.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then carefully flip and bake for another 15 minutes. Salmon cakes will be golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm or cold the next day for a quick breakfast!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole30 salmon patties