This salty bold gluten free Chex mix is addicting with only the best ingredients! Only your favorites to make this crunchy snack perfect for your gluten free parties or Super Bowl!
- 1 box (12 ounces) of gluten free toasted rice cereal like Chex Mix Rice
- 3 cups of gluten free pretzels
- 2 cups of dry roasted salted peanuts (see notes)
- 2 cups of gluten free cheese square crackers
- 11 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoons of paprika
- Pre heat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium/low heat. Stir in garlic salt, salt, onion powder, paprika and worcestershire. Stir to combine evenly. Set aside.
- Place cheese crackers in a large bowl and break into pieces if they are large. Add rice cereal, pretzels, peanuts and gently toss to combine.
- Pour half the butter mixture over cereal mix and gently toss to coat. Pour in the remaining butter and gently toss again. See note.
- Divide the mix among two 9x12 casserole dishes. Bake for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes. Mix will be golden crisp.
- Let cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight at room temperature.
- Be sure to get dry roasted peanuts that only have salt and peanuts as ingredients.
- I don't have a huge bowl to make stirring easy so I like to use a really large grocery paper bag. Pour the cereal mix in and then half the butter. Gently shake to coat, then pour the remaining butter on and shake again. Be smart if the butter is hot.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free chex mix, oven baked chex mix, party snack food