Buttery yellow gold potatoes are cooked to a crispy outside and fluffy inside. These simple air fryer diced potatoes use pantry staple spices to give them tons of flavor and ready in 15 minutes
I was really late to joining the air fryer scene, but I am completely making up for it by giving it a permanent spot on my counter. I also cook at least 1 meal or dish in it every. single. day.
I feel the air fryer forgives me for waiting so long to buy it.
And I forgive myself because now I can make these diced potatoes in 15 minutes and that makes me super happy.
Because diced air fryer potatoes are perfect for breakfast with your eggs, as quick lunch topped with ground meat or as a side dish for dinner.
There is no losing when it comes to these potatoes, only winning.
This recipe is:
- Crispy, a little salty and bursting with garlicy flavor potatoes
- Perfect for breakfast with eggs
- The easiest way to cook potatoes because they cook evenly every time and it's pretty much hands off once you pop them in the air fryer
- Easy and frees up your oven and stove top
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Yellow gold potatoes- I prefer yellow gold potatoes or russet potatoes for this recipe. They tend to hold up best in the air fryer in my opinion. You can sub for another potato, just start watching towards the end of cooking time and make sure they aren't shriveling up.
- Olive oil- you want to make sure you are using a high smoke point oil in the air fryer. If you don't want to use light tasting olive oil I recommend subbing avocado oil.
- Dried spices and herbs- be sure to stick with the dried spices and herbs for this recipe.
- Single layer- Do not pile the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Keep them in a single layer and work in batches if needed.
- Don't skip the oil- Potatoes in the air fryer without enough oil look really sad by the time they cook. They also don't taste as good as they can. Be sure to use enough to coat the potatoes.
- Work in batches- I have a 6.8 qt air fryer basket so be sure to work in as many batches as needed to keep everything in a single layer.
- Dice small- If you do not dice these into small pieces your cooking time will change. I cut mine into twelfths.
Can I make these sliced/rounds instead of diced?
Absolutely! Keep the slices thin and in a single layer. Still shake them halfway or flip with tongs and check at the ten minute mark to see if they are finished cooking.
What dietary lifestyles does this recipe work for?
These easy air fryer potatoes are gluten free, Whole30 and vegan. Perfect for everyone at the table.