Sure to be your next favorite salad to make every week! This Everything But the Bagel Chicken Salad has savory EBTB skillet chicken cooked with bacon on a bed of greens with onion, craisins, cucumber, red onion and sunflower seeds.
This salad is lick the bowl scrumptious.
And I am just warning you, it will be hard to get the chicken to the salad before you eat it all, because it is so freaking good.
Obviously we all know in life, anything everything but the bagel flavor is sure to be amazing, but when you make this salad, you guys I promise you will want to eat salad like 5 days a week.
I make this salad at least once a week, partly because it is easy, MAINLY because I crave it.
This salad has:
- Tender salty everything but the bagel chicken that is cooked in a skillet and has hints of garlic and onion
- tops a bed of crispy
- craisins for sweetness
- bright strong red onions
- crunchy sunflower seeds
- super fresh cucumber
Ingredient notes and substitutions
- Romaine Lettuce & Spinach- I like the crunch of romaine lettuce with spinach but also enjoy this salad as just a spinach salad. That just means you can try whatever lettuce you love and it will be delicious. I think it would really great with some spicy arugula as well.
- Chicken Breast- Feel free to sub in chicken thighs here as well. Just cut them to the same size so they cook evenly.
- Sunflower Seeds- I LOVE sunflower seeds in salads, there is something reminiscent about them for some reason. The benefit is a crunchy salty flavoring so feel free to sub in your favorite seed or nut.
- Craisins- If you are strict paleo, or on a Whole30 you will need to find dried cranberries without any added sugar.
- Bacon- The bacon brings this super yummy smoky salty flavor to the chicken you can leave it out or sub in your favorite like turkey bacon. Again if you are Whole30 find sugar free.
- Tessemae Everything Bagel Ranch- This dressing is really easy to find at Kroger stores or online. But if you can't find it you can get your favorite Whole30/Paleo friendly ranch and add 1 tbsp of EBTB Seasoning to the dressing.
Sunflower seeds- look for sunflower seeds that are dry roasted and do not contain any high inflammatory oils.
Don't crowd the pan- To ensure you get a nice golden brown chicken don't overcrowd the chicken. If you do it will steam more or less. Cook in batches if you have a small skillet.
Freeze meat- freeze your chicken and bacon for 15 minutes or so for easier cutting!
Well lettuce and veggies are paleo! And this salad is paleo and Whole30 friendly if you be sure to find dried cranberries without added sugar.
This dressing is at Kroger's and most grocery stores! You will absolutely love it and no this is not a sponsored post!
It is so easy to make! This has actually become one of our go to weekly dinners because it is ready fast and even if the kids don't eat salad, they will eat the chicken. So it is easy to incorporate for picky eaters.