This orange juice apple cider vinegar shot is designed to help boost your immune system along with the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar like weight loss and more!
If you are looking for more ways to add immune boosting foods into your diet, you may want to think about trying this immune boosting orange juice apple cider vinegar shot.
Adding apple cider vinegar into your diet has a ton of benefits, including but not limited to, fat loss, antibacterial properties, insulin sensitivity reduction and improved circulation.
This article will help guide you on how to drink apple cider vinegar in the form of a delicious morning shot. I have include ingredients in this recipe that focus on providing the body with a lot of vitamin c and antioxidants to help build up your immune system.
You will learn when it is best to drink apple cider vinegar, the benefits of drinking it with orange juice and how to make this delicious drink.
I love drinking apple cider vinegar (acv) shots in the morning. My other favorite recipe is the most popular recipe on the blog! You could use the variety to change up your morning routine with a pineapple apple cider vinegar shot too!
Let's dive into to all the details of your new favorite immune boosting morning acv shot.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
To make this orange juice and apple cider vinegar shot you will need:
- Apple cider vinegar- You obviously are not going to want to sub this ingredient out. Be sure to find an ACV that is unpasteurized so that it has the mother. Organic apple cider vinegar also offers a higher acetic acetic acid profile.
- Orange Juice- You can use fresh squeezed orange juice or buy a cold pressed orange juice. If you can't find cold pressed the next best would be juice NOT from concentrate.
- Honey- You can use your favorite honey here, but if you aren't sure what to buy I recommend organic and raw. If you want to sub the honey for your favorite substitute feel free. Just taste test to see if it needs more.
Can I mix orange juice and apple cider vinegar
I see this question a lot and the answer is a big fat YES! You can and should be mixing your apple cider vinegar with orange juice for an awesome immune system boosting drink!
But I have a few tips on they type of orange juice you should be using. It would be awesome if you could use fresh squeezed but it takes a lot of oranges to make 4 ounces of juice by hand. Second best would be cold pressed orange juice. Third best would be an orange juice that is NOT from concentrate.
No matter what orange juice you choose make sure there are no added sweeteners or preservatives.
Cold press juices retain the benefits of your fruit because they are not damaged by heat while extracting the juice.
You can use any type of orange you would like as well. I used blood oranges for the drink in this picture and it was delicious!
The best time to drink apple cider vinegar
Turns out there are benefits to support drinking apple cider vinegar morning and night and it all depends on your health goals.
I prefer to drink my apple cider vinegar drinks in the morning. The orange juice found in this apple cider vinegar shot is actually great adrenal support when you drink it first thing in the morning. The glucose found in the fresh squeezed orange juice provides your liver with a quick shot of glucose and fires up your thyroid. This is like stoking your metabolism and setting the right tone and pace for your metabolism each morning.
But there also benefits to drinking apple cider vinegar at night. If you are someone who suffers from high glucose levels then drinking an apple cider vinegar drink before bed can support your blood sugar and decrease blood sugar spikes in the middle of the night.
Despite when you decide to drink apple cider vinegar, it is best to do so on an empty stomach. This allows for you to receive the maximum benefit of the acv drink.
Apple cider vinegar and your immune system
Apple cider vinegar works to support your immune system in a variety of ways. However, first and foremost consuming ACV promotes a healthy PH in your gut. Balancing the PH in your gut promotes health by making your gut more alkaline. An acidic gut can promote disease. When consumed apple cider vinegar actually becomes alkaline.
Honey has numerous health benefits, including antimicrobial properites. You can learn more about honey as medicine and its antimicrobial abilities in a study found here.
What are the benefits of orange juice
Fresh squeezed orange juice is a powerhouse of a juice. Your daily fresh squeezed oj contains the antioxidants flavonoids and carotenoid. Consuming orange juice can promote lower levels of inflammation due to the high antioxidants it contains.
- High in folate- you are probably most familiar with hearing the importance of folate associated with pregnancy. Folate is a B vitamin and is used in the production of red and white blood cells within bone marrow, and plays a vital role in energy production.
- High in vitamin C- One serving of fresh orange juice contains up to 70 percent of your daily value of vitamin C. Vitamin C supplementation has been shown to decrease oxidative stress due to the high antioxidant power of vitamin C. (study found here). Vitamin C boots your immune system and can also decrease your blood pressure.
- High in potassium
- Improve your risk of metabolic syndrome- a recent study showed evidence that consuming red fleshed orange juice can improve risk factors of metabolic syndrome.
More apple cider vinegar drink recipes
- Pineapple Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar Morning Shot
- ACV Wellness eBook - 8 Refreshing Exclusive Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipes ONLY $3.99!
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shot Recipe