Everything you need in a cookie. Slightly crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Chunks of chocolate surrounded by the taste of peanut butter.
- ½ cup of finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup of tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of peanut butter (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ of pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Measure and combine your wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. This will be your egg, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla
- In a separate bowl measure and combine your dry ingredients. This will be your almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients. Mix just until well combined and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I’d leave about 2 inches between each cookie. They do spread a tiny bit.
- Sprinkle 5-6 mini chocolate chips on top each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes at 350°F. See notes below for tips on knowing when they are done. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Let cookies cool before enjoying!
- You can sub any nut butter you prefer, but remember if you use sunflower butter your cookies may be a tint of green.
- I used a salt free peanut butter. If your peanut butter contains salt omit salt in recipe or just add a small pinch.
- 10 minutes was the perfect cooking time with my oven, but keep an eye on yours to make sure they don’t over bake. It will be hard to tell by color since the cookies are dark. You have to go by the outside and how the middle of the cookie feels when you touch it. If you lightly touch it and the middle is really mushy give it a few more moments. If you lightly touch it and the outside has a super thin flaky crust layer (similar to a brownie) then you should be good to go.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond flour chocolate peanut butter cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies, gluten free chocolate cookies