A healthy cookie dough treat that you can make quickly with 6 ingredients to have ready when cravings hit! This cookie dough protein is for you if you love a low carb, clean eating sweet snack!
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein (see notes)
- 1 cup of finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup of runny nut butter (I like peanut butter)
- 2 pitted, medjool dates -softened
- 1/3 cup of allergy friendly mini chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened plain non dairy milk divided (I used coconut milk)
- Place dates in a small bowl and add really hot water. Soak until softened. Drain water and set aside.
- Attach the S blade to your food processor bowl. Add protein powder, almond flour, nut butter, softened dates, 2 tablespoons of milk to the food processor and use puree button until the dough comes together. If the dough remains crumbly add remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time until a soft dough is formed. It will begin to stick together in large pieces/crumbs. And when pressed together with hands it will be very smooth and cookie dough consistency.
- Remove dough and place in a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and use your hands to fold in the chocolate chips and form a smooth dough.
- Eat by the spoonful or shape into balls for a grab and go snack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you do not have a food processor you can swap the dates for 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup and then mix by hand.
- Use any chocolate chips that work for your dietary needs
- Be sure to use a protein powder you like the taste of!
- This makes about 10 rounded tablespoons of cookie dough
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie dough protein, protein cookie dough, high protein snacks, protein balls