No one will ever guess these are gluten free! Fluffy, moist and just like the real deal, these gluten free chocolate chip muffins are perfect!
- 1 ½ cups (8 ounces) of gluten free all purpose flour (no xanthan gum)- see notes
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin tin by placing parchment paper muffin liners in the tins or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients; flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar, salt. Whisk until incorporated evenly.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk and combine your liquid ingredients; milk, eggs, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Once mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide muffin batter evenly among the muffin tin cups. Fill to the top, this is about one rounded ¼ measuring cup.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes-muffins will be golden, springy to touch and a toothpick will come out clean when inserted in the center.
- Let muffins cool about 5 minutes before removing and cooling the remainder of the way on a cooling rack.
- Mine were finished cooking at 27 minutes, I would encourage you to start checking at the 25 minute mark.
- Feel free to use coconut sugar for an unrefined option.
- Let the batter rest 5 minutes before folding in chocolate chips for the best results. This will give the batter time to thicken.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25-27
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free muffins, gluten free chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip muffins, muffins