These delicious homemade baked gluten free meatballs, are egg free and breadcrumb free! You can quickly throw these together and have a home cooked Italian meal with ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound ground beef- preferably organic and grass fed if you can afford. I used 85% fat
- 2 slices of gluten free bread- I used Canyon Bakehouse
- 1/4 cup milk of choice- see notes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Binder- Start with making your bread and milk panade. Tear your bread into pieces. If the crust is hard remove super hard pieces or break really small. Place bread in a shallow bowl. Pour milk over the bread and let sit for 5 minutes. After five minutes use a fork to mash the bread into a paste. Do this by placing the bottom side of the fork on top of the bread pieces and dragging and scraping the fork across the break until a thick paste. You may have a few chunky pieces and that is ok.
- Meatballs- In a large bowl add your ground beef, bread/milk panade that you have made a paste, salt, pepper, Parmesan and parsley. Use your hands to mix these ingredients together well. Once evenly combined roll the meatballs into balls with your hands. The size of the meatball will affect your cooking time. I made 2 inch meatballs.
- Bake- Place your rolled meatballs on a baking sheet. I lined mine with parchment paper for easy clean up. Place meatballs at least a 1/2 inch apart so they are sure to brown on all sides. Bake meatballs at 425°F for about 17 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check doneness. Meatballs should be 160°F internally at the center when checked with a digital thermometer.
- Let rest- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Add to sauce at this time if making spaghetti and meatballs.
- This recipe was tested once with full fat coconut milk (from the can) and once with water. The meatballs did not get a coconut taste from the milk.
- For the bread, I used Canyon Bakehouse. The first time I used their Hawaiian bread gluten free bread and the second I used their White bread.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free meatballs, egg free meatballs, oven baked meatballs