Turning up the fancy with this apricot thyme and bacon chicken salad recipe. Elevate a classic with these flavors and it will be your new favorite way to make chicken salad!
- 4 ½ cups of cooked chicken, shredded and chopped very small
- ¼ cup of dried apricots, chopped into small bite size pieces
- ½ small white onion, chopped finely
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- ¾ teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- ½- ¾ cup of real mayonnaise (see note)
- Gather and prepare all of your ingredients for the chicken salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients in no particular order. Use a large mixing spoon to combine the ingredients so that everything is coated evenly in the mayo.
- Taste test to see if you would like more mayo or salt. We like 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of mayo but you should start with less and add as you go.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer for best flavors. This tastes better the longer it sits together. Give it a stir before serving to mix it all again, add more mayo if desired.
- We actually prefer our chicken salad with 1 cup of mayonnaise. I encourage you to start with 1/2 cup and adjust to taste. The chicken will absorb some of the mayo after it chills in the fridge so you can always add more after it has been chilled for some time.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken salad, apricot chicken salad, apricot thyme bacon chicken salad