Learn 57 Positive Affirmations for self love and how to use positive affirmations effectively.
Self love and care encompasses so much more than just implementing a day of home spa treatments and calling it done. It's also more than just learning how to love your body.
Learning how to love You is an act of compassion. It gives you the ability meet yourself, exactly where you are at right now. Changing the internal dialogue from dislikes and negative comments to kindness and peace.
It is learning to have an internal dialogue that is like water to your soul the way water is to a flower. Byron Katie said, "you are the one you've been waiting for".
A deep sense of self belief and love is what most of us who feel lost are missing. Finding this inner love will radically transform all areas of your life. Just remember, you don't have to know how this will turn out to begin. You just need to start somewhere, and affirmations are a great place to begin.
Why changing how we feel so hard
There is good reason it is hard to change how we feel and it has nothing to do with your ability to do it. It actually has everything to do with HOW you approach doing it.
Let's pretend you are 28 years old and for the last 20 years of your life you have told yourself that you are not worthy of love. Now imagine that thought is like a path. Each time you walk that path or think that thought you wear down the path just a little more. It becomes so worn that where beautiful grass once grew, now only bare dirt is found.
Each time you had that thought, that path was trenched just a little bit deeper, the grooves just a little more permanent. It is the easy path to take, so easy that not even a single blade of grass is there to slow you down.
Your brain works exactly like that. It seeks the path of least resistance and thanks to the years of negative self talk the least resistant path is the thought patterns of not being worthy or not loving yourself.
The path the most resistance, the one that is like an overgrown jungle, are the thoughts that you are worthy of love. That you are are special. And amazing and are meant to be exactly where you are today.
So what we have to do is stop using the familiar path a little less each day. The less its used the more resistance grows and then one day the easy path is the one of self love.
Your easy pattern is now "I am so f*cking worthy of love".
How do we do this? Well one way is using affirmations. Thus without further ado, lets dive into why this could work for you and 57 affirmations for you to explore.
What are affirmations
Affirmations are short positive statements that are repeated in order to evoke a desired change, mindset or outlook.
They are like planting a seed of positive thought. The more you repeat them, the more you water and care for the seed. Eventually the seed grows and blooms and so do you.
Affirmations change your thought patterns into a new reality. Read on to why they can help you make lasting changes that stick.
Affirmations can be used for anything! They are personally, one of my favorite ways to make positive changes and grow to a better person.
How to use positive affirmations effectively
Affirmations act by helping you activate the subconscious mind in your journey to change.
Most of the time when we go about trying to change a habit or something in our lives we use the left, analytical side of the brain. Guess what? That left side of the brain only holds about 5% of the power. That means there is a very large chance we are setting ourselves up for failure.
Your subconscious mind is your identity, it is your thoughts and who you identify yourself as without even thinking about it. It is where you store those hidden thought patterns and thinking from past experiences. So in order to make lasting positive changes we must change the subconscious mind.
The best example I heard to describe this is, when you are a smoker, you don't think about smoking. It is who you are, it is your identity.
You don't wake up and think about if you are going to buy cigarettes because it is already in your identity TO wake up and do that. You don't have to even think about it.
Same with self love. If you are working on improving self love right now 95% of your brain has the identity of not loving yourself. The most important takeaway from this is that your subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between pretending and reality.
It takes the path of least resistance the path that is ingrained already. If we work to change the path, the subconscious mind finally says "ok this must be true, she has only told me this 48857 times".
Affirmations are a scientifically proven way to help access the subconscious side of the brain to make lasting and permanent changes and move you in direction of self love and a more positive mindset.
57 Positive affirmations for Self Love
- I am worthy
- I embrace all of who I am
- I am in love with myself- mind, body and soul.
- I love and accept myself
- I let my unique gifts shine
- I love and accept myself exactly how I am today
- I am perfect
- I am always on the right path
- I am worthy of infinite abundance and joy
- I honor my light within
- My success is inevitable
- I am surrounded by love, peace and joy
- I radiate love
- I radiate joy
- I am worthy of love and compassion
- I trust my intuition and let it guide me
- Everyday I love myself more than the day before
- I am a co creator of my reality
- My thoughts create my reality and I choose love, happiness and acceptance
- It feels amazing to be in my body
- I feel healthy, vibrant and alive
- I love to feel amazing
- I am always attracting positivity into my life
- I am always attracting joy, love and peace
- What I focus on grows, I chose to focus on loving myself
- I am grateful for this moment
- I am grateful for my body
- I find joy in all that I do
- My world gets created my words and thoughts
- I take bold action despite doubts
- I ask questions that evoke change
- I am and excellent( mom, sister, wife, daughter, employee, fill in the blank)
- I am 100% committed to loving myself
- I attract health and wellness
- I live in peace
- I transcend negative thoughts about myself. I love myself fully
- I rejoice my life
- Abundance flows to me
- I am a magnet to happiness
- I am a magnet to success
- My joy overflows today
- I am always exactly where I need to be
- I create opportunities for self love
- I trust my instincts
- I trust my talents
- I have created the perfect life for myself
- I am present in my life
- I am surrounded by love and support
- I love and desire my life
- I trust how my life is unfolding
- I am strong and capable
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I feel amazing
- I am fierce and confident
- I inhale joy and exhale love
- Everything I need is already within me
- My love is a gift to this world and myself
Expert Tips for starting self love affirmations
From personal experience with clients and myself, the most important thing to do is to find the affirmation(s) that feel right to you. It is completely ok to try multiple a day, or one a day until you find a handful that really resonate with you.
Affirmations are only effective if you use them repeatedly and they mean something to you. Even if the you don't believe it yet, it should still feel good to you. You aren't meant to believe it yet, that comes with the work you are going to put in with your affirmation practice.
You can practice these in a variety of ways but here are a few ideas:
- writing them in a journal every day
- typing them into a notes app
- saying out loud in the shower (my second favorite way)
- replacing one negative comment about yourself with one affirmation
It honestly doesn't matter how you do it. It only matters that you find a way that you can stick with and it does not feel like a pain to do. Cause if it feels like a pain, odds are good you won't stick with it.
My best expert tip for practicing affirmations is to repeat your affirmations right before drifting off to sleep. When you are in a relaxed state right before falling asleep, your brain enters into a theta wave length state. This is a state where the subconscious mind is very suggestable.
It is the state you find yourself in right between wakefulness and sleep and can also be accessed during meditation, hypnosis and prayer.
You will make faster progress by using this time to practice the affirmations.
If you would love to have a list to print and have handy on your journey you can grab that list below! ( It is the photo above)
It's ok to have bad days
Finally, I want to make an important note that it is ok to have bad days.
It will be 100% normal to feel on fire one day with how amazing you feel, and the next feel completely overwhelmed with the lack of progress. You are human and this will happen.
The best thing to do is not to become those feelings. You are not overwhelmed, you feel overwhelmed. And feelings are temporary. Practice naming the feeling, recognizing how you feel, and remembering feelings are transient.
I truly hope this post helps you find the right path. I know with every cell of my being that you are special and you have gifts to offer the world. You are meant to do big things, and that first comes with loving yourself first.
Please reach out or leave a comment below if you feel called to share how this post helped you.
What is the best time to practice or listen to positive affirmations?
I recommend you implement a practice of 3 times:
1) First thing in the morning or when you are getting ready for the day.
2) Right before falling asleep when you enter into a theta wave state. This is the most suggestible wave length state similar to hypnosis. Using affirmations at this time will have a greater impact on the subconscious mind.
3) When you catch yourself in the middle of a negative thought pattern. Replace the negative pattern with an affirmation to retrain the brain.
Is it better to write or say positive affirmations?
Both! There is a strong connection when you actually write out your affirmations.
There is also a very strong impact when you hear the affirmations out loud. The most important thing to remember is to say or write with presence and emotion!