This episode is jam packed with information that is geared towards bloggers who are new, small or still working on those big traffic goal dreams and are looking for amazing SEO tips that you can implement right away.
In this episode SEO expert Casey Markee dives deep into the herd mentality problems in the food blog world. He gives detailed takeaways of what you can do instead and where you should be getting your information for the best most up to date SEO practices.
Other topics include:
- Image SEO- Process shots, Alt text and labeled ingredient shots
- Internal linking- how, where and when to use internal linking and one thing you should NEVER do
- How a small blog grows to be competitive in today's food blog market- Casey directs us on exactly what should be implemented first.
- Treat your blog like it is a business
- What analytics you should be paying attention when checking the health of your site for Google and how to prepare them for the Core Web Vitals Update in May
- first input delay
- Casey's preference for the best theme, hosts and why you should ONLY use wordress.org not wordpress.com or places like Squarespace etc.
- Mistakes he has seen in audits from bloggers copying other blogger
This episode is guaranteed to give you takeaways that you can implement right away for your blog. Have pen and paper or your notes app ready to go so you don't miss a thing Casey offers to help with food blog SEO.
I loved this interview and learned several new things that I needed to be doing and fixing from when I first started blogging!
If you want to work with Casey be sure to check out his site below and get on the waiting list now because it is a long wait friends! Casey recommends having 75-100 posts before having an SEO audit with him so he can have a general idea and framework to work with.
https://keysearch.co (affiliate link)